Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Poem: Jezebel

Sunset over Palos Verdes, as seen from the north end of Bolsa Chica state beach, in Huntington Beach, California.  This poem is one I wrote about a punker girl I went out with for a little while, named Roberta, near the end of that relationship.  That was in 1989.  Another kind of sunset.  #steveemigphotos

Jezebel

The words that I want

Well they just aren't around

And I can't look into your eyes

And what we once felt

I don't see anymore

Like a ship when

The fog fills the sky

The moments they come

And the moments they go

But the right moment

Just won't come 'round

I can't go on feeling

Just how I do

But I can't risk 

leaving you down

You're all that I wanted 

Before I knew what I had

And without you

I'd never have known it

You captured what little love

I had inside

Even though I

May not have shown it

So here we are now

In the dark and the grey

Two row boats adrift

In the mist

Maybe our paths

They will cross once again

If not this world

Then in the next 

-The White Bear

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift of Inspiration

"Art is not what you see, it's what you make others see." -Edgar Degas  This story was written yesterday.  I am a homeless ma...