Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Poems: "Play" and "Wondering" haiku


 My personal favorite of all the150+  #sharpiescribblestyle drawings I've done, "Tainted Love" featuring Harley Quinn and The Joker.  I had to sell this one cheap in Richmond, Virginia, to get a motel room, after a 7 night hospital stay because they gave me a drug I was allergic to by accident.  

Play

The world's a stage

Just grand in scale

Drama erupts

Through our travails

It's one great play

Go find your part

Some day you'll realize

The world is art

-The White Bear


"Wondering" haiku

In the grass I lie

Gazing at the blue heavens

I lie wondering

-Steve Emig (me) 

written at age 9

I wrote this for 4th grade when my family lived in a big farmhouse outside of Shiloh, Ohio.  We didn't work the farm, we just rented the house from the farmer who did, though we had to help herd the cows back into the pasture once in a while when they got out.  Since we moved nearly every year, I changed a word or two, and used this same haiku in English class nearly every year up into high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift of Inspiration

"Art is not what you see, it's what you make others see." -Edgar Degas  This story was written yesterday.  I am a homeless ma...